Adding Keys To Your KeySmart Max
- Grab the black installation tool from the KeySmart Max packaging. Use the tool to remove both screws from the KeySmart Max.
- Remove the top plate of the KeySmart Max and set aside.
- Stack your keys on the posts, making sure the keys face inward towards each other. Pro Tip: You can stack the keys above the height of the post.
- Place the top plate above your keys and align the holes with the posts. Place a screw through the black band and twist until you feel the threads catch. Hand tighten and repeat the process on the other side.
- Use the installation tool to tighten the screws. Pro Tip: If you overtighten the screws, it will become difficult to flip out the keys.
Connecting The KeySmart Max to The Tile™ App
- Download the Tile™ app on your phone.
- Open the app and create your free account.
- Press the “+” button in the upper left corner and search for “KeySmart” in the list of Tile Enabled Devices.
- Follow the instructions to pair your KeySmart Max.
Watch the video below to learn how your new Tile™ enabled KeySmart Max helps you always keep track of your keys.
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm having trouble connecting my KeySmart Pro to the Tile app. What do I do?
First, make sure that the KeySmart Pro is fully charged. Then, make sure that bluetooth is turned on your on and the Tile app is open and running. Open the settings of your Tile app and make sure that bluetooth and location services are enabled. Next, make sure that the Tile app is updated to the latest version. Software updates frequently resolve technical issues.
If you're still having issues, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important! Do not unpair your KeySmart from your Tile account. Doing so will permanently remove it from your account and prevent you from ever adding it to your account again.
How long will the battery on the KeySmart Max last?
The KeySmart Max has a 160 mAh battery that will last up to 60 days. Using the flashlight will drain the battery faster and may shorten the life.
Will all types of keys fit?
KeySmart Max fits all flat keys up to 80mm in length.